Monday, June 28, 2010

Or: Poppy Fields Forever

Almost immediately after my last post, I suddenly got all fired up about the Road to Oz project, now subtitled "Poppy Fields Forever", and have made some great progress:


I have been combining both knit and crochet in this piece, using short rows for shaping in the knit sections, which I'd never done before. It's been a little tricky, because much of it is seed stitch, but it seems to be working. The advantage of crochet is that you can change directions anytime; building up an area at will, which is so much easier. I really like the way this is going; it's definitely a project that's pretty much telling me what it wants to be and how to get there. And, by the way; what it wants to be is a wall-hanging/shawl, in landscape mode.

Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.