Friday, April 1, 2011

Vested Interests/Ruanna Wanna Be

I started a project back in November of 2009 that I thought was going to be a quick knit. Boy, was I wrong! When I came to what I thought would be the end of the main body of the piece, I discovered that it was way too long to be used as it was intended. I considered a number of options, but they all involved more of my lead yarn than I had. And because it was a hand dyed yarn that I had bought quite a while earlier, the chances of my getting more were slim to zero. I actually went so far as to take a chance and order some more to be dyed up in that colorway; but of course, too much time had passed and they were unable to match it. The replacement was beautiful, but unusable for this project. So I put it away to hibernate, and went on to other things. Many other things.

But after I finished my Rushing River Wrap, and the knitting on my 1st Gift Bag

I was looking for a project that wouldn't be long and complicated. So I took out Vested Interests and decided to make the best of what I had, added a capelike back to it, and Voila! the Ruanna Wanna Be was born.

I'm glad I waited to finish this; I'm very happy with the results. It has a wonderful, soft hand, and drapes beautifully. I can see myself wearing this often.