Thursday, January 22, 2015

Diva's Challenge #201: Moebius Syndrome

This Saturday, January 24th, 
is Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day. This week's challenge is to do a tile in honor of the Diva and her son, Artoo (who has this syndrome), and to help raise awareness of it.

I have used the Moebius Syndrome Foundation's logo as the string for this tile, the tangles Meer and Kiss within the string, and the Diva's tangle Artoo lacing through it.

I used a Sharpie fine purple pen, as well as a Micron 05 purple pen, and Prismacolor pencils in Dark Purple, Parma Violet, Mulberry, and Spring Green; and overlaid the Artoo tangle with with a Green Metallic Gelly Roll pen. Of course the metallic shine doesn't show up.  

I have another idea; if time allows I'll try it, and maybe post it.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Square One, BB;

The tangle selected for Square One this week is BB.
I dashed this off, and was quite pleased with it until I noticed that it was a bit messy here and there.
 So I did another one, much neater, but I don't think the shape and flow are as good as the original. Which only proves, yet again, that you can never regain the spontaneity of your original try.
You be the judge.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

joey's weekly challenge #43

When I saw joey's latest challenge I wasn't so sure that I wanted to do it, because it involved doing 4 tiles. I just didn't think I could devote that much time to one challenge. Essentially, it involves doing the same tile 4 times, and then putting them together to create a new tile altogether. I decided to cheat a little, and use Bijou (2") tiles instead of the full 3½" ones. I based it on a tile I did for an earlier Diva's Challenge
 Here are 2 versions I did with the Bijou tiles:
I tried putting them together in different configurations, but none of them worked at all. So this is it. I've looked  at some of the other entries, and they obviously did tiles that worked better in this concept. So, lesson learned, I think. If we get this sort of challenge again, I'll be prepared.
I just found another way that works, sort of:
Take a look at joey’s site to see the other entries, 
and maybe try one yourself.

String Thing #75

Well, this week the String Thing challenge is #75;  
where does the time go?
For this challenge the string to use was Maria's #075, naturally
What a fun string!
 and any or all of the following tangles by Maria:
Poke Leaf  and/or Poke Root

I used Echoism, and tangleations of Ennies and Poke Leaf.
 This was a fun challenge to do, although I have to admit that I wasn't so sure about it before I started. But once I got going, 
it did fall in place nicely.

Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle on Monday afternoon, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday afternoon, when she offers the new ones.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Diva's Challenge #200!

It's the 200th Challenge from the Diva!

In celebration of this Bi-Zen-Tennial, the challenge is to use your go-to tangle in a Monotangle; fill the tile, use no borders, and include the number 200 somewhere on the tile. I have many favorites, but one I've been using a lot lately is Paradox, and it seemed perfect for this challenge.

So here it is, Ta Da!
I really enjoyed doing this tile, and as you can see by the fact that I'm posting it on the first day of the challenge, I sat down to do it, and it just practically drew itself. I just hope that I can zip through the other challenges this week as easily.

Don't forget my usual caveat: be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out 
a Challenge yourself.