Saturday, November 23, 2013

String Thing #15

String Thing #15, this week's challenge from Adele Bruno @Tickled to Tangle,
uses String #019, and 6 tangles, all grid-based, and all beginning with the letter L, in honor of Linda Selymes, the creator of String #019.
 
I tried these tangles in many configurations on this string, and no matter what I did, it always seemed very busy looking. Perhaps I should have limited myself to fewer tangles. I don't know; somehow it just doesn't work for me. 
The tangles used are:
Lace Curtains by CZT Suzanne McNeill
Lacy by Sandra Strait
Lanie by CZT Adele Bruno
Lokomotive by Stephanie Kukla
Longwood by J.J. La Barbera
Looplopp by Ksenija Vojisavljevic
 Individually, I find nothing wrong with any of the patterns, except perhaps Looplopp, which I had to practice, practice, practice; and still didn't do it very well. Oh, well, of all the different versions I did of this tile, this had the least imperfections, so here it is.

BTW, I've used String #019 before, with no problem, so it isn't the string that's at fault; it's just the combination of the string with these tangles and me.

As I was getting ready to post this, I realized that one of the other versions I tried isn't too bad, so I'll include it, too. But once I got it scanned and up on my computer screen, I realized that I hadn't signed it or finished shading it, but it'll have to do as is.

Be sure to check out Tickled to Tangle on Mondays, to see all the entries; and/or Tuesdays, to see the new weekly challenge, and maybe try it out yourself.

Thanks for visiting, and leave a comment, favorable or not. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.