Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Diva Challenge #158, Duotangle: Crescent Moon/Diva Dance

This week's Challenge from the Diva is to create a DuoTangle using only Crescent Moon, which I use a lot, and Diva Dance, which I really like, but haven't had as much chance to use.

 While looking through the TanglePatterns Strings, #093 (by Sabrina Croft) just popped out, and I immediately thought it would be a good fit for the 2 tangles.

And I was right, the tangles worked together really well, and the string was a perfect setting for them.
 I really enjoyed working on this one, and it's early in the week; who knows, I may try another.

Be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out one of the Challenges yourself.

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful week, see you all next time.

10 comments :

  1. Great, Audrie, I like your shading and I like what you did with this string.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annemarie. I'm so glad you like my shading, as I was a little unsure about it.

      Delete
  2. Great piece audrie. I like your shading, and your balanace between dark and light space is great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Based on the response to this tile, I guess I should stop worrying about my shading, since some of the comments have been particularly favorable of the shading. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tile with a fine contrast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lonett. I'm so glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. Great balance between these two tangles and some really powerful shading, Audrie! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie, for the very favorable critique.

      Delete
  5. This was a wonderful string to use with these tangles, and you really got some great contrast with your shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate. The tangles themselves really inspired me on this one.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.