Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Snag

I've run into a new snag with the Kimono. The front band is not working well; the seed stitch section is too wide, and the 1000 Branches stitch section is too narrow. If I continue in pattern as is, the band will be at least 4", which is wider than I'd like, and the 1000 Branches (done in narrow ribbon and supposed to be the focus of the band) will barely show up. So, much as I hate to do it, I'll have to frog back and make the seed stitch section 4 rows instead of 6, and add a row or two to the ribbon section to make it stand out more.
 I'm not looking forward to frogging what amounts to 8 rows of 202 stitches each, but I'll have to grit my teeth and do it, because I'll never be happy with it the way it is. I'm not sure whether I'll tackle it right away, or wait till my guests have come and gone. We'll see. I'll post progress as it occurs.

1 comment :

  1. Good luck with this, Audrie! But if you don't like it now, you'll NEVEr like the way it is. Looks beautiful in the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.