Monday, March 8, 2010

The End is in Sight

I've finished both sleeves, not easily. I kept having to frog and redo; partly because it wasn't looking right, and partly because I kept making mistakes. This whole project has been fraught with mistakes and revisions; but I think the end results will be worth it. That is, if I can come up with some creative way to add the front band so that it adjusts the fit. It seems a little big, even for a kimono, which is generally large by nature. We'll see what I come up with.



By now, of course, I am really anxious to finish it. I have a week until some friends from back home come to visit. I'd like to be done by then, not so much to show it off, but so I don't have it hanging over my head, waiting till I can squeeze in some knitting time while our guests are here. This doesn't mean I won't be doing any fibercraft while they're here; just not something that consumes my time aand attention as much as this has.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.