Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Patchwork Triangles

Somehow, I never posted photos and comments on my Patchwork Triangles Capelet. I added a preliminary shot to my Free-Range Project Slideshow at the bottom of the page, but didn't write about it.
  
I made it for the September Triangle Mini KAL, in Jane Thornley's group on Ravelry. The project had to be a triangle, or contain 1 or more triangles. I started it at the beginning of the month, and then put it away when I went to Petoskey for Jane's Knitting Under a Mango Moon Workshop/Retreat. I picked it up again when I got home; it had to be done by the end of the month. It had started out as a long V-shaped scarf or shawl; but due to time constraints, getting low on one of my main yarns, and the shape that the piece was at that time, I turned it into a capelet instead. And just finished it at the 11th hour. 

I'm really delighted with the way it came out. I think it will be much more wearable than my original idea.

 The Shawl Pin I made to wear with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.