Friday, February 19, 2010

One Thousand Branches

I'm finally making some progress on my 1000 Branches Kimono. I've finished the back and both sides of the front, all in one piece, and have added the extension to the left side. I won't be able to do the right side extension until I weave in an awful lot of ends, not one of my favorite pastimes.

 So far this project has been taking much more time than I expected. For starters, after casting on the prescribed amount of stitches, and knitting quite a few inches, I discovered that it was wider than it should have been. After agonizing over it for a while, I decided to completely frog it and start over. It took quite a bit of time and work, but in the end I was glad I went to the trouble, because it's now a much better size. To get an idea of what the finished Kimono will look like, see Jane Thornley's original.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.