Friday, November 18, 2011

A Workshop or 2 with Cat Bordhi

Last weekend I attended 2 workshops with Cat Bordhi, a knit designer and teacher who sparked the current Moebius trend. Her innovative Moebius Cast On (MCO) makes it easy to knit a moebius in the round. At this point I can't even remember how I first was made aware of moebii and Cat Bordhi, but once I discovered them, I became obsessed. Her books: "A Treasury if Magical Knitting", and "A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting" started me off on a series of moebii, including at least 1 that I crocheted. She also has written a number of books on sock knitting, in which I have no interest.





So when I heard that one of our local yarn shops was hosting a series of workshops with Cat, I immediately called and signed up for the moebius workshop, as well as one which focused on creativity and design. The third workshop was on socks, and as I've said: just not my cup of tea.

At the moebius class, I opted for a basket, which I had never done before.  I finished the top, which is comprised of the handle (the moebius part), and the rim, from which you then pick up stitches to form the bowl. After I picked up the stitches, I realized that I had inadvertently made an extra twist. Cat said it might make an interesting effect, but once I got home, I decided that I didn't really like the extra twist. So I took it off the needles, planning on redoing it.


 But now I'm not so sure; maybe I'll have a try at it the way it is.

More on the 2nd workshop in another post.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.