Saturday, February 4, 2017

Joey #150, Diva #301

Joey's challenge #150 continues the Finish My Tile
format, along with the use of alphabet strings, with
 corresponding tangles of the same letter. Since this is the
  fifth challenge of this format, we are on the letter E.

Here's Joey's beginning tile, using El Prado, on a ZIA/ATC:
And here's my tile, continuing my self-imposed
challenge of doing monotangles for this series:
 
  I decided to try it in color; but I'm not so sure that
I like it as much as the black on white.

 Take a look at Joey’s site to see the other entries,
and maybe try one yourself.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Diva's challenge this week is to do a DuoTangle
using Paradox and Diva Dance, 2 of my favorites.
Actually, probably 2 of everyone's favorites. Anyway,
she featured a video of Rick doing a duotangle where
he wove Diva Dance in and out of Paradox. It was
fascinating, and I've been trying to use that technique,
but with minimal success. So here's my 1st try on a 3Z
tile. There's not enough Diva Dance in it. but in the
spirit of the Diva's challenge, I'm posting my first try.
Be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out one of the Challenges yourself.


6 comments :

  1. Ireally love the colour on your Joey-tile, beautiful drawn El Prado.
    I agree, that the technique of RIck and Maria is not so easy as it looks. Therefore, I also have used just a little DIva Dance but that is allright. Also in your tile, I can see just a tiny DIva Dance but that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Diva tile! I love the little peek of Diva Dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed quite difficult; maybe a little more dark spots in your Diva Dance!? But ..... the tile is pleasant to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tiles, both for Joey's challenge and the Diva's challenge. I think I will have to agree with you on the Joey tile. I think I like it better in black and white too. Your Diva tile is fun with just the little hint of Diva Dance hiding in there. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you... I prefer the black and white Joey tile. I like the boldness of it. Your diva challenge tile is also nicely done! I like how you've woven bits and pieces of diva dance here and there into the paradox. It keeps your eye moving. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 3Z tile really doesn't give you too much room, but it still turned out nicely. I also agree that the black and white works better in this case. I do like that tangle, El Prado; I've not seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.