Saturday, February 22, 2014

Diva's Challenge #155, A Little White Space, and another response to Zendala Dare #92

When the Diva's Challenge for this week: "Try leaving a big open white space in your piece this week!" was posted; I thought, that's hardly challenging. I occasionally leave open white spaces in my tiles. So I set about to do the tile, and realized that when I do leave open spaces, it's not usually planned; it just happens. When you try to do it on purpose, it doesn't always come so easily. So I found that the best way to plan for open spaces was to start with a string that suggests open spaces.  One of them is String #037; it worked out perfectly.

I used AntiDots, AuraLeah, Flux, and a tangleation of Luv-a.

While I'm at it, here's my second entry for Zendala Dare #92:
 After posting my first tryI discovered that we were supposed to use Paradox (one of my favorites). So here is one using Paradox, Betweed, and Aura Knot; 3 of the first Tangles I learned and that are still favorites.

Be sure to visit the Diva's site, as well as the Bright Owl's site; see all the wonderful entries to both the Challenge and the Dare. It's amazing how different and creative the responses to the same challenge can be. After viewing them, perhaps you'll be inspired to try one yourself.

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.


 

9 comments :

  1. Your open space tile is beautiful, Audrie, it also has great shading.
    The second Dare is also very pretty, Paradox is always so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annemarie. I appreciate your complimentary comments.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Caroona. I try very hard to get the shading right. I'm glad it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weavework in your zendala is fantastic! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chrissie. I appreciate your generous comment.

      Delete
  4. Love your white space and the zendala is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.