Saturday, February 8, 2014

String Thing #26

We're getting close to Valentine's Day, and this String Thing reflects that. We are to use String #039 by Jo Fletcher,
 
 and fill it with patterns that we love. Since I have been obsessed with Aquafleur ever since it was introduced, it seemed like the obvious choice.  I could actually see it in my mind's eye. So I just started in setting down what I was seeing, and with little deviation, this is what I came up with.


Being a Heart, and for Valentine's Day at that, I considered color, so  I used a couple of my photo editors, and came up with these 2:
Then I thought, hand color it.
So I made a couple of copies, and colored this one with Prismacolor pencils
and this one with Derwent Inktense pencils, and a little water.
All in all, I think I still favor the original, even though it's just black and white.
 Let me know what you think.

Be sure to check out all the other entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday, when she offers the new ones..

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.