Thursday, June 25, 2015

Joey's Weekly Challenge #66, and That String Thing #98

I am out of town for my annual visit back home to see friends and family. So far it's been very enjoyable. Earlier this evening I had a trunk show of my Lampworked glass beads and jewelry, including the metal working I have been doing lately. It was at a local bead store (Ayla's Originals, in Evanston, IL) and part of a Wine Walk, which brought in some extra people. I sold a couple of pieces, and now we'll see what happens over the next two days, when my work stays at the shop for some extra exposure.

Whenever I have some time, I've been spending it tangling, and I'm going to attempt to see if I can post pictures of the results.

The first is Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge #66, Cornerz Monotangle

The second is "That String Thing # 98
Using string# 090
and any or all of these patterns:
Cruffle
Curl
Mel Mel

Here's mine:

My iPad is not cooperating very well; this is the best I can do. 

Be sure to check Joey's site, as well as Tickled to Tangle (for That String Thing, on Monday afternoon) for all the other entries.

Till next time, when hopefully I can post more easily.


4 comments :

  1. A very simple but effective design for its a string thing. Clever to use the tangles to make the string with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up your photos when it's hard to do so! I like the pattern in your Cornerz and your String Thing is bold, yet still light. Very nice!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variation on Cornerz. And lovely string thing tile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with the String Thing challenge. I was thinking along those same lines, making each element of the string into a tangle. It's like an elegant vase with a single stem in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.