Saturday, April 30, 2016

It's a String Thing #142

This week, over at Tickled to Tangle, Adele Bruno
has set another unusual challenge. I'll let her give 
the challenge in her own words:
 "Begin with the tangles: Quib and Echoism
As for the string, you will create it by tangling Quib first.
Begin with two dots, placed on opposite ends of your tile, 
in any direction you prefer. They can be diagonal, 
north and south, east and west - just so they are on 
opposite ends of the tile. By doing so, you will divide your 
tile into sections using Quib as your string - great fun!
You have the option to tangle more Quib, 
or use Echoism to complete your tile."

I really like both tangles very much, but I had a devil of 
a time putting them together to meet this challenge. 
After working on it off and on for a couple of days; I gave up, 
and started over. This time I tried doing white ink on a 
black tile. I liked it a little better; but still wasn't happy. 
So I went back to the original black on white tile, 
and tried adding some shading. That seemed to do the trick.

Here are both of them:
At this point, I'm kind of bleary-eyed; and I don't know 
which I prefer. What do you think?

  Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday afternoon, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday afternoon,
when she offers the new ones.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.