Sunday, January 26, 2014

Diva's Challenge #151, String Theory: Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day

 As the Diva, Laura Harms explains; Moebius Syndrome is a congenital nerve disorder affecting cranial VI and VII nerves controlling the lateral movement of the face. Moebius is a spectrum disorder, not a disease - so some cases are more severe than others. Laura's younger son has this syndrome, hence this week's challenge:  

To raise awareness for this disorder is this week's Challenge. Use the Moebius Syndrome Foundation's logo as your string, or create a moebius strip out of paper and tangle that... or some other awesome creative thing that i haven't thought of.

Friday was Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day, and since Purple is the color for MSAD, it was suggested that we do the challenge tile in purple, and/or wear purple on Friday (1/24/14). I did both.

Here's my one and only entry for this challenge. I've been playing around with it all week, with very little to show for it. It's probably not my best effort, and I'm posting it at the 11th hour, but of all the stabs I took at it, this is the most usable, or the least objectionable.

 Be sure to visit the Diva's site; see the other wonderful entries, and maybe try out one of the Challenges yourself.

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.
 

10 comments :

  1. I do like the hearts that you incorporated in this logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely moebius logo! I like the little hearts in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lonetta. The hearts are a tangle that I'd never tried before.

      Delete
  3. Audrie, the link on The Bright Owl of Dare 89, is the wrong one; it leeds you to a Challenge! I think you want to know this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.