Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Diva's Challenge #152: Aquafleur, My new favorite Tangle,

The Diva's Challenge this week is to try out the new Tangle, Aquafleur. I had been playing around with it ever since it was introduced last week, and I already love it. It's definitely my kind of tangle.  So this is what I came up with; but it's possibly/probably not my last entry for this challenge.

 I used Sakura Micron 01 in Sepia to draw it, and the Sepia brush to fill in.  I then used sepia and burnt ochre Prismacolor pencils to shade, and a sort of Orange/Copper Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pen for the embellishment. The metallic shine doesn't show very well on this scan, but trust me, it's there. I really enjoyed doing this one; I hope you all like it as much as I do.

Be sure to visit the Diva's site; see the other wonderful entries, and maybe try out one of the Challenges yourself.
 
Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention. 


Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.

16 comments :

  1. So wonderful tile! Great variation of Aquafleur and nice colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how some of the ribbons go off the edge. It sure would be nice if the metallics would show better in scans and pictures, but the are so beautiful in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Monotangle. I also like how some of the "ribbons"have broken free and are floating out in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donald. I like the fact that Aquafleur lends itself to all sorts of divergences from the basic pattern.

      Delete
  4. I like the loose ones on the top and the sepia coloring. Lovely tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of Aquafleur. It is so creative and your enhancement with the sepia is very nice. Great tile!

    Be creative and catch some happy,

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Jacque, I do appreciate the thought.

      Delete
  6. I really love this one, Audrie - the colours, the background and the overall effect - especially of the floating-loose ribbons. Beautiful! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie. Glad you like my Aquafleur. I love those floating ribbons, too.

      Delete
  7. Like the others I also like the ribbons a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful in the sepia tones. I love the stitched ribbon effect you've done. Lovely, Audrie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Helen. Coming from you that's high complement.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.