Thursday, January 30, 2014

String Thing #25

This week String Thing #25 uses String #025 by Hope Martin 
 
 and the new tangle, Fassett by Lynn Mead. This is to be a monotangle, using only Fassett, which offers a multitude of  opportunities for variations.

Here's mine:

 Since the String has 4 sections, I used 4 variations of Fassett. I didn't do any shading; instead I completely inked in some spaces, filled others with lines, and highlighted with soapstone. When I finished, I sort of liked it; but something just wasn't right. I tried the usual holding the tile at a distance, and close up, but it wasn't till I tried rotating it that I hit paydirt. One quarter turn, and Presto! it was right.

Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday, when she offers the new ones.


Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day, week, month; see you all next time.

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful interpretation of this challenge! I like the variations of Fassett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lonnet. Glad you like my variations. Not quite as intricate as yours, but they'll do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.