Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's a String Thing #23

When Adele Bruno posted the String Thing #23 challenge, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it work.

This is String #023, by Barbara Finwall
 
and we had the choice of these tangles:
Bales an official Zentangle® pattern
Bandola by Sadelle Wiltshire, CZT
Barberpole by Suzanne McNeill, CZT
Bask-it by Anna Houston, CZT
Basketweave by Suzanne McNeill, CZT
Batch by Helen Williams
Bateek by Linda Farmer, CZT
Baton by Carole Ohl, CZT

But knowing that I didn't have to use all 8 tangles made it easier to focus on which ones to use. I started with Bales, which seemed logical, and went on from there. I ended up using Bales, Barberpole, Bask-it, Basketweave, and Baton, a couple more than I'd planned. I used Sakura Microns in Sepia and Brown, and brightened it up with a White Charcoal pencil on this pastel gold colored paper.


 As usual, I urge you to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday when Adele Bruno posts them. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing, check back on Tuesday, when she offers the new ones.

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.